So you are getting a guinea pig as your pet? You must be screaming just like one with enthusiasm! Well, who would not be at the news that you are getting one of the cuddliest, cutest and most adorable little fluffy animals alive?
Guinea Pig Names are not that easy to find. Guinea pigs make incredible pets. They do not need a whole lot of space, their accommodation needs are minimal. They admire the company of other guinea pigs and set a special bond with their owners. You will adore them for their whole five-to-seven-year lifespan, and they will love you right back.
So, don’t have any idea what to name this cute little animal? Getting a pet from the pet store is the easy part, but giving it a good name might not be that easy.
To make this good name search of yours a little easier, we have put down a list of the best names that we could think of or find. Scroll down for best Guinea pig names in separate categories.
Boy Guinea Pig Names
Male names at times sound more “fierce” than girly names, no matter if your little guinea pig is more of a shy piggy or an attention-hog, there is a name for all!
Girl Guinea Pig Names
Girl names generally have a “girly” feel to them and at times evaluate the desserts we eat! Why? Because girls are sweet, so are desserts, and girls love desserts.
Cute Guinea Pig Names
Guinea pigs are cute hairy little animals. These adorable pets deserve a name as adorable as they are! Watch out for these cute guinea pig names, great for both males and females!
- Stud Muffin
- Cuddle Bunny
Funny Guinea Pig Names
It’s easy to come up with a funny name for your friend but when it is about your pet it is a tough call to answer.
- Ginny Pig
- The Hulk
- Bam Bam
- Pork Chop
- Jack Hammer
Guinea Pig Name Ideas by Color!
Guinea pigs are in a broad variety of patterns and colours, as well as hair coat lengths. Using their stunning colouring is a considerable way to get the perfect name for your new fluffy pets!
Names for Black Guinea Pigs
Guinea pigs that are in all black colour can be called after all sorts of things reminiscent of the colour black.
- Black Widow
- Caliban ( it is a Romanian boy’s name meaning “black.”)
- Ciara or Kiera ( it is an Irish girl’s name meaning “little dark one.”)
- Coal or Cole
- Darcy (it is a French name meaning “dark one.”)
- Dougal (it is a Scottish boy’s name meaning “dark stranger.”)
- Duncan (it is a Scottish boy’s name meaning “dark warrior.”)
- Ink or Inky
- Keir (it is an Irish boy’s name meaning “dark or black.”)
- Kerry (it is an Irish name meaning “dark-haired.”)
- Layla or Leila (it is an Arabic girl’s name meaning “night.”)
- Lilith (it is an Assyrian girl’s name meaning “of the night.”)
- Maurice (it is a Latin boy’s name meaning “dark-skinned.”)
- Melania (it is a Spanish girl’s name meaning “black.”)
- Melantha (it is a Greek girl’s name meaning “dark flower.”)
- Nigel (it is an Irish boy’s name meaning “black-haired.”)
- Nisha (it is a Hindi girl’s name meaning “night.”)
- Noire (it is the French word for “black.”)
- Rajani (it is a Sanskrit girl’s name meaning “of the night.”)
- Squid (as in black squid ink)
- T’Challa (Black Panther)
Names for Brown Guinea Pigs
Guinea pigs can come in various hues of brown, from the softest cream colour to buff, beige, chocolate and cinnamon.
- Baize (it is a French girl’s name meaning “dark brown.”)
- Barry (it is an Irish boy’s name meaning “fair-haired.”)
- Bowie (it is a Scottish boy’s name meaning “blond.”)
- Bruna (it is an Italian girl’s name meaning “brown.”)
- Bruno (it is a German boy’s name meaning “brown.”)
- Burnell (the French name for “small brown one.”)
- Buster (Brown)
- Eachann (A Gaelic word for “horse brown.”)
- Fulvio or Fulvia (the Italian word for “yellow or tawny.”)
- Hari (Hindi boy’s name meaning “dark or tawny.”)
- Kenyon (Irish name meaning “blond.”)
- Lebrun (French name meaning “brown-haired.”)
- Sand or Sandy
- Tynan (An Irish boy’s name meaning “dark or dusty.”)
- Umber (A shade of brown)
Names for Orange Guinea Pigs
Orange Guinea pigs have a yellowish-red tint to their fur coat that can make you think of vibrant flowers and fall colours
- Alani (Hawaiian girl’s name meaning “the orange fruit.”)
- Cam (Vietnamese word for the orange fruit.)
- Coral or Coraline
- Jacinthe (the French word for “orange;” also a flower.)
- Peach or Peaches
- Sienna (A shade of orange)
Names for Red Guinea Pigs
If you possess a red Guinea pig, you can use their beautiful auburn fur coat as inspiration for names stimulated by the colour.
- Antares (A red star in astronomy)
- Carmine (A shade of red)
- Clancy (An Irish boy’s name meaning “red warrior.”)
- Edom (Hebrew boy’s name meaning “red.”)
- Erik or Eric (the Red, a famous Viking)
- Fire or Firey
- Gilroy (Scottish name meaning “redhead.”)
- Harkin (Irish name meaning “dark red.”)
- Leroux (French name meaning “red-haired one.”)
- Ormond (Irish name meaning “red.”)
- Phoenix (A mythical firebird, the name also means “dark red” in Greek)
- Rhydderch (Welsh name meaning “reddish-brown.”)
- Rohan (Sanskrit name meaning “red-haired.”)
- Rooney (Irish name meaning “red-haired.”)
- Rory (Irish name meaning “red king.”)
- Rose or Rosy
- Roslin (Scottish girl’s name meaning “little redhead.”)
- Rousseau (French name meaning “little redhead.”)
- Rowan (Gaelic name for boys meaning “little redhead.”)
- Rudolph (the Red-Nosed Reindeer)
- Rufino (Latin boy’s name meaning “red-haired.”)
- Shani (Hebrew name meaning “crimson red.”)
- Sorrell (the French word for “reddish-brown.”)
Guinea pigs come in several pretty patterns and colours that it brings in a perfect sense to use their colours as your naming inspiration. Whether it is named that means particular colours or elements that exist in nature or personalities that embody that pattern or colour, use your intuition to come up with the name that suits your new cavy friend.
Note: You will get everything related to Guinea Pigs here at Guinea Pig 99.